The Citavi Assistant
The Citavi Assistant is an Add-In for Word for Windows and Word for Mac that helps you write papers, reports, theses, and other publications.
With the Citavi Assistant you can insert references, quotations, and thoughts from your cloud project in a Word document. The Citavi Assistant will automatically format the citations for you and generate a bibliography in the citation style of your choice.
The Citavi Assistant can help prevent unintentional plagiarism.
The most important features at a glance
- All well-known citation styles: APA, Chicago, ISO 690, MLA, Vancouver and over 11,000 other academic journal styles.
- Automatic bibliography creation: When you cite a source, the Citavi Assistant automatically generates a bibliography. If you delete the source, it will automatically be removed from the bibliography.
- Automatic in-text and footnote citations: The Citavi Assistant will insert citatios in the formatting required by your citation style. The Assistant can even handle complicated formatting such as the use of "ibid". or cross references in footnote styles.
- Change styles on the fly: If you later want to change citation styles, you can simply select a new style. The Citavi Assistant will update the formatting for all citations and for the bibliography.
- Accuracy you can trust: Some citation styles, such as APA have complicated rules. The Citavi Assistant takes care of these rules for you so that you can concentrate on writing.
- Team collaboration: Save your Word document in OneDrive or Sharepoint and then insert references from a shared cloud project together with your other team members.
The most important steps at a glance
- Install the Citavi Assistant
- Open the Word document that you want to insert references and knowledge items into.
- On the Home ribbon, click Citavi Assistant.
- Log in to the Citavi Assistant with your Citavi Account information.
- Select the cloud project you want to use.
- Select the citation style you want to use.
- Select a reference or quotation.
- Double click Insert or select Insert advanced . The Citavi Assistant will insert the citation and create the first entry for your bibliography.