Using existing Citavi for Windows projects
You can work with any cloud project you created with Citavi 6 for Windows in Citavi Web - and vice versa.
We don't recommend working with existing projects created with Citavi 6 for Windows. Formatting of quotations and thoughts and formatting in the Abstract, Evaluation, and Table of contents fields could be lost if you make changes to the text. This is because Citavi Web does not yet support complex formatting (bold, italics, colors etc.) in text fields. We will let you know in the "News" column once this restriction no longer applies.
To work with a local project created in Citavi 6 for Windows, you'll first need to copy it to the cloud. In Citavi 6 for Windows you can find the command on the File menu by clicking Copy to cloud.
For projects created with Citavi 3, 4, or 5, take the following steps:
- Download and install Citavi 6 from the Citavi website if you haven't already.
- Log in to Citavi 6 with the login information for your Citavi Account. If you don't yet have a Citavi Account, register for one.
- When you start Citavi 6 for the first time, Citavi 6 will look for projects created with Citavi 5. If it finds them, the First Start Assistant will lead you through the conversion process.
- Projects created with Citavi 3 or 4 can be opened on the File menu by clicking Open project.
- Citavi 6 converts the projects to the new format and adds the timezone information. Your project will close and then open again.