What Makes a Good Search Stategy?
Every good search strategy considers three questions:
- Where to search?
- How often to search?
- Which search terms will best help me find the information I need?
Searching from within Citavi
- Library catalogs for books you can borrow from your institution's library or request through interlibrary loan.
- Bookseller catalogs for books you can purchase.
- Databases for journal articles, gray literature, contributions in edited books, and books.
- Specialty search engines (for example, ingentaconnect.com) for journal articles.
Keep in mind that different resources are updated more or less frequently. A library catalog may change less frequently than a specialty search engine, so repeat your searches accordingly.