Exporting to Another Citavi Project
Occasionally you might want to move references from one Citavi project to another. For example, you may want to divide a project into two projects. Or, you may want to send a colleague recommended sources for a particular topic.
- If necessary, use labels or a search to create a selection of references to export.
- In the Reference Editor, on the References menu, click Copy or move to a Citavi project.
- You can choose whether to:
- export the selected reference(s) or all references
- copy or move references (if you move references they will be deleted from the original project),
- copy or move references to a new or existing project.
- not copy or move references that are already in the destination project (Citavi checks ISBNs, DOI names and PubMed IDs).
- open the destination project after exporting
- Set the various options for the export, then click Next. Select which additional information you want to include with the references
- Click Finish.
Please note how Citavi handles categories when you copy or move them from one project (original project) to another (destination project):
- Scenario 1:
The Categories checkbox is selected before the export and references are being copied or moved into a destination project that has no existing category system. The category system will be transferred in its entirety and with the structure intact.
- Scenario 2:
The Categories checkbox is selected before the export and references are being copied or moved into a destination project that has an identical category system. No changes will be made to the category system in the destination project.
- Scenario 3:
The Categories checkbox is selected before the export and references are being copied or moved into a destination project that has an existing, non-identical category system. The category system from the original project. will be appended to the bottom of the category system in the destination project.
Hint: You can also copy or move individual quotations, thoughts, or locations to another project. Select the item you want to copy, press Ctrl+C to copy the item to the Clipboard (or use Ctrl+X if you want to move the item), and then paste it an the desired place using Ctrl+V.