Editing or Deleting References
Citavi's Reference Editor provides two ways to work with your references: tab view and table view.
Tab view is where you can edit a reference.
- Click one of the tabs, for example: Reference.
- Place the insertion point in the text box where you want to make a change and enter the information accordingly.
On some fields, you can also click the blue field labels or press F9 to use an editor window. Some fields also offer a menu with existing entries. These fields are marked with an arrow symbol.
- To clear a field, select the text in the field and press Backspace or Delete.
To edit references in Table view, on the Edit menu, click Turn on editing in place. Please note that not all fields can be edited in place.
To delete a reference, select the reference and click Delete ().
You can only delete the current reference in tab view. Table view allows you to select multiple references and delete them all at once.
Warning: Deleting a reference cannot be undone! If you need a reference you've deleted, you can try to restore it from a Back-up copy.
In the Reference Editor, click Table in the toolbar. A window opens showing the references as a table where you can:
- See a Short summary of the references you have recorded including the reference type. You can choose which information is viewable by clicking the Columns button.
- Flag the references by clicking the blue label or red label to the left of each row.
- Change the order of a column by clicking its heading.
- Group references according to various criteria.
- Export your references to a spreadsheet by choosing Export to Microsoft Excel or Export to OpenOffice.org Calc from the References menu.