What Makes a Good Search Strategy?
Every search strategy must consider three things:
- Where to search.
- How often to search.
- Which search terms will best help me find the information I need?
Use Citavi to search in:
- Library catalogs for books you can lend from your institution's library or request through interlibrary loan.
- Bookseller catalogs for books you can purchase.
- Databases for journal articles, gray literature, contributions in edited books, and books.
- Specialty search engines (for example, ingentaconnect.com) for journal articles.
Keep in mind that different resources are updated more or less frequently. A library catalog may changes less frequently than a specialty search engine, so repeat your searches accordingly.