Actions After a Search
You can use More actions to apply search results as selections:
- Run your search.
- Click the reference you want to select. To select multiple references, hold the Ctrl key and click each additional reference. To select a contiguous series of references, click the first one in the series, then hold the Shift key and click the last one in the series.
- Click More actions or right-click any of the selected references to display the shortcut menu.
- Select the desired action.
You can use the search to create a selection of references:
- Apply as selection applies the selected search results as the current selection.
- Exclude from selection removes the selected results from the current selection.
- Add to selection adds the selected search results to the current selection.
You can use the selection you create to make changes to multiple references at once.
- You can add blue or red labels to all references in the selection. Right-click one of the selected references. On the shortcut menu, select Red label > Set red label for selected references. You can do the same for the blue label. If you don't see these options, you first need to display the labels in your project.
- You can also use Batch modify to assign categories, apply keywords, or add tasks. Right-click one of the selected references. On the shortcut menu, select the option you want to use.