Modifying an Existing Style
You'll save a lot of time if you make changes to a pre-existing style that is similar to your style requirements. Citavi contains thousands of styles. If you find one that's similar, you do not need to define every single element of a style but can instead concentrate on making small changes.
- If you're using Citavi in a language other than English or German, change the language on the Tools menu (French: Outils, Italian: Strumenti, Polish: Narzędzia, Portuguese: Ferramentas, Spanish: Herramientas).
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F11. Or, on the Citation menu, click Citation style > Edit citation style.
- Click Find and add style.
- Enter the name of a style or search for styles using a certain citation system. Compare the preview with your requirements to find the most similar style, and then click Add.
- Click Edit.
- Enter a name for the style.
- Begin making your changes.
Select one of the Citation Style Templates if you don't know which style to use. In the Citation Style Templates the most common settings are already defined. You can search for the templates just like you would any other style.