Searching Attached Files
You can search the full text of files that you've attached to references in your project.
- In the Reference Editor on the toolbar click Search or press Ctrl+F.
- To search all attached files, insert the field code ft:. You can also directly enter your search term without the field code, but then Citavi will look for the search term in all fields in your project in addition to your attached files.
- Click Search.
- Citavi displays the files containing the search term under Locations.
- Select the file you want view and click Show.
- The search does not distinguish between uppercase and lowercase letters.
Searching for "WHO goes to court" also returns "Who goes to court?"
- The Whole words only checkbox does not work for the attachment search.
Entering lit does not return literacy.
- Use an asterisk (truncation) to search for parts of words:
Entering Litera* returns literate, literacy, literature, etc.
- The Equivalent characters option in the Search dialog is not supported. (Please note: The SQL Server full text search handles certain character combinations as the same character (for example the German character ß and ss). These settings cannot be changed.):
Entering Buße also finds Busse.
- You can use quotation marks to search for word combinations (phrases):
"photovoltaic solar cells" oder "photo* solar cells"
- Sie können die Suche in Ihrem Projekt mit der Suche in den verknüpften Dateien kombinieren:
(a: Watson OR a: Crick) AND ft: Desoxy*
- You can combine multiple full text searches:
ft: Desoxy* AND ft: Watson AND ft: Crick
- You can use regular expressions, but if you do the database index is ignored and each attached file is searched individually: