Please note that only the database owner and system administrators can install licenses.
After completing your purchase, you will receive an email containing a link to register for an online Citavi account.
If you do not yet have Citavi account, please create one. After logging in you will be able to download a license file. Click Download license file.
Start Citavi DBServer Manager if you haven't done so already: double-click the Citavi DBServer Manager.exe file in the folder \Citavi 5\bin\.
If you already started Citavi DBServer Manager once before
Continue with step 5 below.
If you are starting Citavi DBServer Manager for the first time
- On the welcome page, click Next.
- Create a connection to the server.
- Select an existing Citavi database or create a new one.
- Click Finish.
- On the right, click Actions > Database and then click the Manage licenses.
- Click Add to upload the license file.
- If you are using per seat licenses, assign them by enabling the corresponding checkboxes in the Per Seat License column.
- Click Close.
If you purchased multiple licenses, upload the other new license files to the server as well. Citavi DBServer Manager will add all the license information.