Upgrading from Citavi 2 to Citavi 5
If you previously were working with Citavi 2, you can continue working on your projects in Citavi 5.
- Uninstall Citavi 2 if you have not yet done so: Windows Start > Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- Download the Citavi 5 setup: http://www.citavi.com/download. Double-click the Citavi5Setup.exe file to start the installation.
- Start Citavi 5 and enter your license key for Citavi for Windows. If you do not enter your license key you will not be able to convert any Citavi 2 project containing over 100 references.
- On the Welcome Screen, click Open or on the File menu, click Open project > Choose project.
- Open a project you created with Citavi 2. Citavi 5 will create a subfolder with the name of the project in the folder Citavi 5\Projects, save a copy of the old project in the new format, and open the copy of the project. You can now continue working with the project.
Projects created in Citavi 5 cannot be opened in Citavi 2.