Adding Comments (Orange Highlights)
You can add a comment to a direct quotation and an indirect quotation. However, you then won't be able to see if a quotation had a comment added to it in the list of knowledge items. For this reason, we recommend saving standalone comments most of the time:
Selecting a Text Passage and Adding a Comment
- Use the text selection tool to select the text you want to highlight:
- Click the orange Comment icon:
- Citavi creates a new comment and generates a core statement automatically using the first few words in the selection. You should ideally change the core statement to better reflect your understanding of the text passage. Enter your comment in the Text field.
The orange highlight on the left margin of your PDF document shows you the text passage that is linked with the task.
Deleting Orange Highlights
- Right-click the orange highlight in the margin.
- On the shortcut menu, select Delete.
- Citavi asks if you also want to delete the linked item.
- Make a selection and click OK.