Sharing Citation Styles
You can easily send a citation style you create yourself to other Citavi users:
- In the folder Documents\Citavi 5\Custom Citation Styles select the style.
- Attach the file to an email or make it available for downloading on a website.
- The recipient saves the file in the local folder Documents\Citavi 5\Custom Citation Styles.
If a custom citation style contains errors, Citavi will automatically move the style to the folder Documents\Citavi 5\Custom Citation Styles\Disabled Styles upon starting. This folder contains the style and a text file with information on the error. If the error was caused by a problem in a programmed condition, component, or sorting, the code needs to be replaced. Current codes can be found in our FAQs (in German only). If the error was caused by a duplicate CitaviCitationStyle-ID, create a new GUID online. Open the style in a text editor and replace the CitaviCitationStyle-ID in line 2.
If you want to share a citation style across your organization, you can create and distribute a settings file:
- Save the citation style file on a network drive that all Citavi users can access.
- In Citavi on the Tools menu, click Options > Folders.
- Click Administrative Settings Assistant.
- Under 3. Administrator Settings click Export to AdminSettings.csd.
- Click Browse and select the folder in which the citation style file was saved.
- Click Export to save the AdminSettings.csd file.
- Copy the file to all internal Citavi installations – for example, using your software distribution system – to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Citavi 5\bin. The next time you start Citavi it will recognize the path as an additional location for custom citation styles.