Creating a Connection File
Create a connection file to make it quick and easy for you or another project manager to access the database containing the Citavi projects.
Creating a Connection File for a Project Manager
- Start the Citavi DBServer Manager if you haven't done so already: double-click the file Citavi DBServer Manager.exe in the folder \Citavi 5\bin\.
- Under Actions > Database, click Save DBServer Manager connection file.
- Save the file and send it to the project manager.
Sample email message to the project manager
You are using Citavi. Use the attached connection file to access the Citavi DBServer Manager. Here you can create new projects and assign roles and permissions to other users.
Save the connection file in a place where you can continue to access it in the future. Additional information can be found in the Citavi Manual at www.citavi.com/c5dbserver
Creating a Connection File for Project Users
A project connection file makes it easy for users to open the new server projects.
- Start the Citavi DBServer Manager if you haven't done so already: double-click the file Citavi DBServer Manager.exe in the folder \Citavi 5\bin\ or double-click the DBServer Manager connection file.
- Under Actions > Project, click Save Citavi connection file.
- Send the file to the project users.
Sample email message for project users
You are using Citavi. A new Citavi project is now available. To open the project for the first time, use the attached connection file:
From now on, the project will appear on the Citavi Welcome Screen and you can access it by clicking it. You can delete the connection file unless you're going to switch computers sometime in the near future.
If you haven't worked with Citavi before, we suggest starting here: www.citavi.com/shows5.