Importing folders as categories
This add-on requires Citavi 6.5 or later.
You have a folder with subfolders containing PDF files. You now want to import the folder structure in Citavi as a category system and import the PDF files at the same time.
This add-on imports all PDFs as references and creates a category system containing the references.
- On the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons.
- Select the Import folders as categories add-on. Then, click Install and restart Citavi.
- On the References menu, click Import folders as categories.
- Select the top-level folder on your computer that contains the folders with the PDFs you want to import.
- Wait until a window appears that displays the results of the import.
The import takes place in the background and can last a few minutes. No progress bar is displayed. While the add-on is working, you cannot continue working on your project.