Using the Tomato Timer
This add-on requires Citavi 6.8 or later.
This add-on is designed to help you concentrate on your work in Citavi. It's a simplified version of the Pomodoro technique.
Follow the steps below to install the add-on.
- On the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons.
- Select the Tomato Timer add-on. Then, click Install and restart Citavi.
- You will see a tomato icon in the bottom right of your Citavi project.
- When you click the tomato, a 20-minute timer will start. During this "work phase" you should ignore all distractions (smartphone in flight mode, set chat program to "away", etc.).
- After the 20-minute work phase, a 5-minute break will start. Use this time to get up and move around, get a cup of coffee, check messages, etc.
- After 5 minutes the next work phase will start.
- After four work and break phases, a 15-minute break will follow. This should ideally be used for some movement.
The timer is not project-specific. If you are working in multiple Citavi projects at once, the timer will still appear.
You can reset the timer by clicking it again.
You can find similar programs online or in the Windows Store, but this add-on is specific to your work in Citavi.