Adding Cover Art
You can add cover art to every reference. Especially in large projects the cover art can make it easier to navigate between references. When you search for books from within Citavi, Citavi can save the cover art automatically. If you have linked a PDF or webpage to a reference, you can create cover art from the current preview.
Downloading Cover Art Automatically
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Switch to the Search tab.
- Under ISBN download select the Include cover art checkbox and click OK.
Downloading Cover Art for an Existing Book
- In the Reference Editor, switch to the Overview tab.
- Place the insertion point in the Cover field and click Add cover art. Select one of the following options:
- If the book has an ISBN number, click Search for cover art by ISBN.
- If the book does not have an ISBN number or if Citavi could not find cover art for it, you can either try to locate the cover art online or you can scan it yourself. Then click Add cover art from file or Paste cover art from Clipboard to add it to the reference.
Creating Cover Art from the Preview
- In the Reference Editor switch to the Overview tab.
- Make sure that the desired image appears in the Preview.
- Place the insertion point in the Cover field, click Add cover art and then click Create cover art from preview .