Exporting and Importing Citation Key Templates
Exporting Citation Key Templates
You can save a citation key template as a file to share with others or to make it easy to move to another computer.
- On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Citation tab, make sure that Citation key support is enabled.
- Click Tools > Options > Citation > Citation key support > Customize citation keys.
- Customize the citation key template.
- Click Export and save the citation key template (.ckd) file.
Importing Citation Key Templates
If you have a citation key template file, you can import it so you don't have to manually configure the template.
- Click Tools > Options > Citation > Citation key support > Customize citation keys. If you don't see the button, enable the Citation key support checkbox first.
- Click Import and select the file with the .ckd extension.
- Click Open. Citavi will create or update the citation key for every reference in your project.