Page Numbers, formatting
In many reference types, you must include the page numbers of the work, for example journal articles, newspaper articles, and contributions in edited books. Citation styles format page numbers in myriad ways. For example:
- The whole page range with an en-dash:
- Abbrievated final page number with an en-dash:
- First page only:
- Page range with the "p." prefix and an en-dash:
- Page range with the "pp." prefix and a hypen:
- Just the first page with the "ff." abbreviation to designate following pages.
p. 357 ff.
To avoid line breaks appearing after the prefix or before the suffix, enter non-breaking spaces by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar (in Citavi 6.4 and later).