Customizing Quick Help
Almost every window in Citavi contains short instructions for fields that require you to enter information. These quick help texts help you understand the options available and enter information correctly. You can customize the Quick Help texts to add additional information if you want. This can be useful if you're working on a project with others and want to make sure that each team member enters information in the same way.
- If you have not previously created custom help texts, create a folder named Custom Help in the default user directory (usually Documents\Citavi 6).
- For text fields, place the insertion point into the field corresponding to the help text you want to modify. For other controls, move the mouse over the control, then move directly to the Quick Help area without moving the mouse over other controls.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Win+F12.
- Citavi opens the Quick Help text in a text editor. Make your changes and save the file. The help text is saved in the Custom Help folder.
- The new Quick Help text will be shown as soon as you switch to a different field or tab and then switch back.
To revert to the original text, delete the help files you created from the Custom Help folder.