Error C407: Saving in the cloud failed
If you're working with Citavi 6.2 or later, Citavi will create a file with the name "Changemap" anytime there is a problem with the connection to the cloud.
You can check your version number in the bottom left of the Citavi Welcome Screen or, if you already have a project open, on the Help menu under About.
Citavi 6.2 and later
The Changemap file contains information that Citavi could not save in the cloud (usually because you were offline) or in the local copy of your project.The follow steps describe how you can use this safety net.
- Close Citavi, even though Citavi will display a warning. Then, re-start the program
- Shortly after opening the cloud project you will see a dialog box and will be asked if you want to restore the data. Click OK.
- Citavi will load the missing information from the Changemap file to the cloud.
In rare cases, Citavi will report that there is a problem with the Changemap file. If you see this message, send us the file so that we can repair it for you. Follow the steps below to locate the Changemap file:
- Press and hold the Windows key and the R key at the same time (Screenshot: Where can I find the Windows key?)
- In the Open field, enter the following:
Citavi 6.3.0 or earlier: %localappdata%\Temp\Swiss Academic Software
Citavi 6.3.6 or later: %localappdata%\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\Temp
- Click OK.
- Send an email with the file attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not work on the project again until you receive the repaired Changemap file from us. You can close Citavi, though, even if Citavi displays a warning.
To prevent problems in the future, we recommend always closing Citavi when you're finished working for the day, close Citavi. Don't leave Citavi running while your computer is in standby mode.
Citavi 6.0 und 6.1
First, back up your work by copying your recent changes to a new local project. On the References menu, click Copy or move to a Citavi project. Please note that you can't back up Thought knowledge items in this way. Instead, select them in the Knowledge Organizer and copy them to the Clipboard. Then, paste them in the new local project.
In rare cases you won't be able to back up your work by following the setps above. If this happens, create a new local project. Then, switch to the cloud project. Select all of the references in the navigation pane by pressing (Ctrl+A). Copy the selected references with Ctrl+C. Switch to the new local project and paste the references there (Ctrl+V).
Close Citavi even if you see a warning message.
Download and install the current version of Citavi, which you can find at http://www.citavi.com/download. Copy the references in the local project back into your cloud project.