Exporting to EndNote
Citavi can export to two EndNote file types:
- EndNote Tagged is an interchange format that can be read by many reference management programs. Choose this file type to move references to another reference program.
- EndNote is EndNote's native file format. Choose this file type if you want to work in EndNote® versions 8.x, 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2.
- In the Reference Editor on the File menu, click Export.
- Choose which references to export, then click Next.
- Select either EndNote Tagged or EndNote format. If the EndNote filter is not displayed, click Add export filter and select the filter.
- Click Browse, enter a name and choose a location for the file, and click Save.
- You can save an export template to save time in future exports.
- Click Next. Citavi lets you know that the export was completed successfully.
The first time you open the database, EndNote will display a message that the .data file could not be found. Ignore this message. The next time you open your EndNote library, the message will no longer appear.
Categories and groups in Citavi cannot be imported in EndNote.