Citavi can import references from Zotero as long as the Zotero database was exported in BibTeX format.
Export your Zotero library in BibTeX format
- If working with Zotero in Firefox, click the gear symbol and then click Export library. In Zotero Standalone click File.
- Click Export library.
- On the Format menu, click BibTeX.
Import the BibTeX file in Citavi
- Switch to Citavi and open a project or create a new project.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Select Another reference management program. Click Next.
- If you don't see Zotero in the list, click Add filter.
- Enable the Zotero (via BibTeX Export) option. Click Next.
- Click Browse. Select the file with the .bib file ending and click Open. Click Next.
- In the import window that appears, you can choose which references you want to import. To import all the references, click Add to project. To add specific references only, first select the corresponding checkboxes.
Citavi will search the exported BibTeX file for links to attached PDF files and will copy them to your project's Citavi Attachments folder.