Installing the Pickers
The Pickers help you quickly add information from websites or PDF files to your Citavi project. They are automatically installed when you install Citavi, unless you choose not to install them. Pickers are available for:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader
Installing the Citavi Picker(s) later on
If you want to install a Picker later on, start the Citavi Setup again:
- Switch to the Windows Control Panel. Click Programs > Programs and Features > Citavi 6.
- Click Change. The Setup Assistant starts. Click Next.
- Select Modify, and then click Next.
- Select the Picker you want to install and then click This feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- Click Next > Install. Then, click Finish.
Enabling the Picker in Google Chrome
As an external Add-On the Picker needs to be manually enabled after the first installation.
- Open Google Chrome.
- On the browser toolbar, right-click the Menu icon .
- Click New extension added (Citavi Picker).
- If the message New extension added doesn't appear, on the Chrome menu click Settings > Extensions. Next to Citavi Picker select the Enable checkbox.
- Then, click Enable extension.
Enabling the Picker in Firefox
If the Citavi Picker doesn't automatically appear in the Firefox shortcut menu after installation, it needs to be enabled:
- Open Firefox.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Click Citavi Picker and then click Enable.
Enabling the Picker in Internet Explorer
If the Citavi Picker doesn't automatically appear in the Internet Explorer shortcut menu after installation, it needs to be enabled.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Press ALT+X.
- Select Manage add-ons
- Select Citavi Picker and click Enable in the bottom-right corner of the window. Restart Internet Explorer.