Options for Starting Citavi
You can start Citavi using several different options:
- If you do not yet have a shortcut to Citavi on the desktop, create one. Right-click the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citavi 6\bin\Citavi.exe". Select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).
- Right-click the Citavi Icon on the Desktop.
- Click Properties > Shortcut.
- In the Target field add one of the following options after "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citavi 6\bin\Citavi.exe":
(Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citavi 6\bin\Citavi.exe" /log)
This option enables internal activity logging as soon as you start Citavi. Use this option if an error is making it impossible to open or create a project and as a result you are unable to enable activity logging via the Options dialog. To send the error log to the Citavi Support, switch to Windows Explorer and enter: %localappdata%\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\Log. Email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This option lets you work with multiple instances of Citavi. Use this option to run multi-user tests on a computer. Don't use this option if you are working with the Citavi Word Add-In.
If you frequently take screenshots, for example for training purposes, you may want to ensure that all your screenshots show the same screen layout. You can save and retrieve such settings with this switch.
Saving screen layout
- Select the desired screen layout in Citavi.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+1.
- Assign a name to the screen layout.
Retrieving a screen layout
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+2.
- Select the saved screen layout.