Performing a Simple Online Search
- In the Reference Editor on the toolbar, click Online search.
- Add additional catalogs or databases by referring to Selecting Information Providers.
- Select the checkboxes for the sources you want to search.
- Enter your search term.
- To find works on a subject, enter keywords into the All fields field.
- To find works by an author, enter the name into the Author field.
- To restrict to a certain span of time, click to select the appropriate Year range.
- Click Search to begin the search. You can cancel the search if you receive too many results.
- Select the checkboxes next to the search results you want to add to your project. If you want to add them all, you can skip this step.
- Click Add to project. If you selected checkboxes in the previous step, you can now choose if you want to import all references or only the selected references.
- The search results are applied as a selection. When you are done looking over them, click Cancel selection to show all references.
Boolean operators (AND, OR, and NOT) cannot be used in the simple online search. All search terms are automatically joined with AND.