Using Archived Projects
An archived project is a complete copy of your project including all files that you attached to the project. Archived projects can be used for these purposes:
- You want to share a project and its attachments with Citavi users who are not using Citavi Cloud.
- You finished a local, cloud, or DBServer project and want to save a compressed backup copy of the project before you delete the project.
Creating an archive of a project
- Open the desired project.
- On the File menu, click This project.
- Click Archive project.
- By default, Citavi saves downloaded archives in the folder Documents\Citavi 6\Archive. However, you can also select another location.
- Click Save.
Use the feature Archive project without attachments if you want to save backups of Cloud projects relatively frequently since it will help you save time. This feature is available in Citavi 6.2 and later.