Word's Reference Manager
Microsoft Word offers rudimentary reference management (References tab >Citations & Bibliography > Manage Sources.) If you would like to switch to the Citavi Word Add-In, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Import sources from Word
Import the sources from Word into Citavi. Word saves your bibliography in the sources.xml file. In Windows Explorer enter the path %appdata%\microsoft\Bibliography\ to find this file.
- In Citavi, on the File menu, click Import.
- Select Text file and click Next.
- Click Add import filter.
- Search for Microsoft Word.
- Select the import filter, click Add and then click Close.
- Click Next and then select the file you want to import: sources.xml
Step 2: Insert references from Citavi in Word
Delete the references you inserted with the Word Add-In and then insert the sources again using the Citavi Word Add-in.