If you run searches on the same topic using different information providers, it is almost inevitable that a reference may appear two or more times in your Citavi project. Duplicates waste time and space and distract you from your work.
Citavi helps you find and eliminate duplicates.
- Books with identical ISBN numbers or library accession numbers (these numbers are imported into a hidden field when searching online) will be identified as duplicates unless the year of publication or edition vary.
- If the ISBN or accession number is unique or missing, or for any other reference type, Citavi compares the name of the author, the title and the year of publication using the Levenshtein algorithm.
- In the Reference Editor on the References menu, point to Find duplicates and then click Show duplicates only.
- Citavi displays the duplicate references as a selection.
- Compare the references and delete the duplicates.
Hint: Table view is ideal for comparing, selecting, and deleting duplicates.