Installing the Add-In for Word
When you install Citavi the Add-In for Word is automatically installed as well, as long as Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, 2007 or 2003 is installed on your computer. The Add-In appears under the Citavi tab in Word.
You can install the Word Add-In at a later point in time as long as you have administrator rights on your computer:
- Download the latest version of Citavi: www.citavi.com/download
- Double-click the file Citavi4Setup.exe to start the installation.
- Click Next and select Custom.
- Make sure that the following option is selected for the Word Add-In: This feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- Finish the installation.
You can uninstall the Word Add-In without first uninstalling Citavi:
- End Citavi.
- In Windows, switch to the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Select Citavi 4.
- Click Change. The Citavi installation assistant will start.
- Click Next.
- Select Modify and click Next.
- On the Word Add-In drop-down menu select This feature will not be available. Click Next.
- Click Install. The installation assistant will remove the Word Add-In.
If you think you might later want to use the Add-In you can temporarily deactivate the Add-In for Word.