Online search and import
- Include keywords: Select this option to include keywords from searches or imported files by default. When you add references to a project, you are always given the option to include or omit keywords.
- Include locations: Select this option to include locations from searches or imported files by default. When you add references to a project, you are always given the option to include or omit locations.
- Enable direct import: This feature makes it easier to import text files containing search results from websites. When this option is selected, you can import search results directly to a Citavi project when you double-click a compatible file. This feature works with the following file types: RIS (.ris), BibTeX (.bib) and EndNote (.enw). If you use Citavi alongside other reference management programs, you may want to turn off this feature so that a different program opens the files when you double-click them.
Online Search and Import: Edit Credentials for Subscription Databases
For Citavi for Windows users, Citavi can remember the login credentials for subscription databases. To change these credentials, select the database, then click Change. To delete them, click Remove.
This ISBN download feature lets you download the bibliographic information of books from a bookseller or library catalog by simply entering the ISBN numbers of the books. Click Add database or catalog to choose the catalogs Citavi uses for ISBN searches and then use the arrows to set the order they are searched in, with the highest-priority database or catalog first in the list. You should put the library you normally borrow books from at the top of the list.
- Include keywords: Select this option to include the keywords applied to books by libraries whose catalogs are selected for ISBN downloads.
- Include locations: Select this option to include the location (call number) of books in libraries whose catalogs are selected for ISBN downloads.
- Include cover art: Select this option to include cover art when performing an ISBN download. When available, cover art is downloaded from Amazon and the German bookseller Lehmanns Fachbuchhandlung.
You can use the Find library locations feature on the Tasks & locations tab to find whether a book in your project is available at your local library. Select catalogs of libraries you can borrow from. Click Add database or catalog to select the catalogs to search. Use the arrows to move your preferred library to the top of the list.
- Do Not Use a Proxy: Select this option if your computer connects to the Internet directly (without a proxy server).
- Use Windows proxy settings: Select this option if your computer connects to the Internet through a proxy server configured in the Windows Control Panel: Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Proxy Server.
- Use this proxy: Select this option if your computer connects to the Internet through a proxy server which is not configured in the Windows Control Panel.
- Compatibility mode for HTTP 1.0 proxies: Select this option if you connect to the Internet with a proxy server that uses HTTP 1.0. If necessary, ask your network administrator.