Converting a Citavi 6 project to Citavi 5 format
You created a project in Citavi 6. You now want to share this project with someone who is still using Citavi 5. This add-on exports Citavi 6 data in an XML file.
- On the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons.
- Select the Convert a Citavi 6 project to Citavi 5 format add-on. Then, click Install and restart Citavi.
- If you were using a cloud project, create a local copy.
- Open the local project. On the File menu, click This project > Export to Citavi 5.
- Enter a name for the XML file to be exported and click Save.
- Copy the macro for importing the Citavi 6 XML file in Citavi 5 which you can find on Github.
- Start Citavi 5.
- Open an existing project or create a new project.
- On the Tools menu, click Macro editor.
- Enter the macro code (see step 6) that you copied to the Clipboard.
- In the macro editor, click Run.
- Select the XML file you created in the Citavi 6 project with the add-on.
- Citavi wants to save a new project. Enter a name for the project.
- Copy the contents of the Citavi 6 Attachments folder to the Attachments folder for the new Citavi 5 project.