Creating a Custom Export Definition
In addition to the default, Citavi includes export definitions specifically for various TeX packages, including jurabib and natbib. To create a custom export definition:
- In the Reference Editor on the File menu, point to Export > Export.
- Choose which references to export, and then select BibTeX format. Click Next.
- Select one of the BibTeX filters. Then, click Next.
- Click Edit BibTeX export definition.
- Define the reference type mapping if desired. Click Next.
- Click Next. Change the mapping of Citavi Fields to BibTex fields to your liking. Click Next. Select additional export options for the export definition and then click Next.
- Give the export definition a name and a description for the Quick Help areas, and then click Next.
- Create a BibTeX file (start at step 4).
You may only need a single title in the BibTex format. In these cases, right click into the preview field of the Reference Editor and choose Copy. Now choose BibTeX; Citavi will copy the respective title in the last chosen BibTex format.