Scanning ISBN Numbers
If you often have to add books by ISBN, using a smartphone app to scan ISBN barcodes can help. The app converts the barcode to a string of numbers. We describe how to do this using the app Barcode Scanner (ZXing) as an example:
- Start the app and make sure the barcode is in the square.
- If the barcode is recognized, you will hear a sound.
- Repeat these steps for all of the books you want to add to Citavi.
- In the app, click the History icon.
- Click the Share icon .
- Enter your email address to send all the ISBN numbers in the history to yourself.
- Open the email and save the attached CSV file on your computer.
- Open the Citavi project.
- Click ISBN, DOI, other ID and then click Import file.
- Click Choose file.
- Select the CSV file you saved on your computer.
- After Citavi has finished searching for the bibliographic information, click Add to project.