Please note that only the database owner can install licenses.
After you've completed your purchase, you'll receive an email containing a link for logging in to your Citavi account.
Create a Citavi account if you have not done so already. After logging in to your account, you can download your license file from the Licenses page.
Click Download license file.
Start Citavi DBServer Manager if you haven't done so already: double-click the file Citavi DBServer Manager.exe in the folder \Citavi 6\bin\.
If you already started Citavi DBServer Manager once before:
Continue with step 5 below.
If you are starting Citavi DBServer Manager for the first time:
- On the Welcome Screen, click Next.
- Create a server connection.
- Select a Citavi database or create a new one.
- Click Finish.
- Under Actions > Database, click Manage licenses.
- Click Add to upload the license file.
- If you are using per-seat licenses, select the checkboxes for the people who should have a license in the Per-seat license column.
- If you are using concurrent licenses, enable email notifications if you want to be notified when all concurrent licenses are in use and another user cannot access the project.
- Click Close.
If you purchased multiple licenses, upload the other new license files to the server as well. Citavi DBServer Manager will add all the license information.
If you want to statistically analyze the project or the license usage, you can download a special SQL script from GitHub.