Adding Indirect Quotations (Purple Highlights)
Use indirect quotations when you want to paraphrase important text passages.
Select text and create an indirect quotation
- Use the text selection tool to select the text you want to highlight .
- Click Indirect quotation.
- Citavi creates a new Quotation in your project, which consists of only a Core statement. This is composed of the first few words in the selection. You should ideally change the core statement to better reflect your understanding of the text passage.
- Add your own paraphrase of the original to the text field. Use quotation marks for any terms or phrases taken directly from the original.
- You can use Categories, Groups or Keywords as needed.
- Complete or correct the content of the Pages to-from field, in which you can location you took the quotation from.