Here's how you can delete a project if you no longer need it.
- In Windows Explorer switch to the folder that contains your project folder. The default locations for this folder is C:\Users\[Ihr Name]\Documents\Citavi 4\Projects.
- Select the folder with the name of the project. This folder contains the following:
- The Citavi project, i.e. a Citavi database with the extension .ctv4 or .ctt4.
- The subfolder CitaviFiles, which contains all of the files you attached to your references. Please make sure that you have copies of these files, before you delete your project if you will need them in the future.
- The subfolder CitaviCovers, which contains cover images for references in your project.
- Delete the folder with the project name
The next time you start Citavi, the project will still appear on the Welcome Screen. This is the same as other Office programs, that remember the path to a file once it was opened. Click the name of the deleted project. Citavi lets you know that the project could not be found and asks if you would like to remove it from the list. Click Yes.