Protecting a Team Project
You have the choice of protecting a project or leaving it unprotected:
- Unprotected projects can be opened by any Citavi user that has an appropriate license.
- Protected projects: can only be opened by Citavi users who have appropriate licenses and have been added as team members of the project. Depending on the roles assigned to them, they may or may not be able to make changes to the project.
- If you work in a small group where you trust everyone, no protection may be necessary at all. That saves you administrative efFort.
- If you have a system administrator who can help (or if you are knowledgeable yourself), you can use Windows file permissions to protect sensitive information.
- If you do not have a system administrator who can help, but would still like to protect projects from colleagues who are not part of the team you should use Citavi's settings for protecting a project.
Important: All backups of the team project that were created before the project was protected are not protected and can be opened by anyone with access to the backups. If the backups contain sensitive information, move them to a location that unauthorized users cannot access.
To unprotect a team project, you must be a project leader of it.