Setting Up an SQL Server with Citavi DBServer Manager
In Citavi 5 the application Citavi DBServer Manager is available. This program contains a graphical interface, which you can use to create databases on an existing Microsoft® SQL Server database. Each database can contain multiple projects.
Citavi DBServer Manager
- Install Citavi if you have not yet done so. The current Setup can be found at www.citavi.com/download. You do not need to enter a license key to perform the following steps.
- Double-click the Citavi DBServer Manager.exe file in the folder \Citavi 5\bin\.
Create a Server Connection
- On the Server connection tab, enter the computer where the SQL Server is located.
- If you installed SQL Server as an Instance, enter the Instance name in the Instance name field. Otherwise, leave the field empty.
- Select if a Windows login or an SQL server login should be used for authentication.
- Click Next to continue to the Datebase tab.
Setting up a Database
You'll usually only set up one database for all Citavi projects on the SQL server.
- Enter a name for the new database.
- Click Next to continue to the License tab.
Installing a license
Follow the steps in this chapter.
Select users from your Active Directory. You can add or remove users at any time.
- Select one or more individuals in the Logins column.
- Click Add.
- Click Next to continue to the Summary tab.
Exiting Citavi DBServer Manager
- If you're satisfied with the summary, click Finish.
- Wait for the message "Process completed successfully".
- Click Close.
After you've finished setting up the database, use Citavi DBServer Manager for the following tasks: