Importing from RefWorks
Citavi can import references from RefWorks. Some reference types (for example, Hearing) are not available in Citavi. Any references without a corresponding reference type will be given the Unknown reference type.
Exporting from RefWorks
- In Refworks on the References menu, click Export.
- Select All in List.
- Under Export Format, select Bibliographic Software.
- Click Export.
- The exported results are opened in a new browser tab.
- Press Ctrl+S.
- Save the file with the extension RIS (for example: export.ris).
Importing in Citavi
- Switch to Citavi and open a project or create a new project.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Select Another reference management program.
- Select RefWorks (via RIS export).
- Select the file you want to import.
- Citavi opens the import window. To import all the references, click Add to project. To add specific references only, first select the corresponding checkboxes and then click Add to project.
- Select any appropriate import options.
- Click Add to project to complete the import.
PDF files saved in RefWorks cannot be exported. Use Citavi to perform a new search for full text. For any full text that Citavi can't find, download individual files from your RefWorks account and attach them to the corresponding reference.
In the chapter Converting EndNote, RefMan, or RefWorks Fields to Citavi Fields you can see how you can continue working on a Word document that you created with RefWorks Cite-N-Write with Citavi's Word Add-In.